Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review
This is a brief overview of the lightweight camera that I use personally when we travel. I do not like big, heavy devices as my camera needs to fit in my handbag/bag so I can take it everywhere. We are spontaneous on our day trips and never know where we may end up, so I have chosen this lightweight mirrorless camera for these reasons and the quality is good for us. I also use my iPhone camera and we have a GoPro Hero5 for beach and snorkelling adventures which is super easy for Master G to use.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a camera for the more laid-back and artistic traveller. This mirrorless digital camera is easy to use and features a Wifi connection to make sharing and viewing on the go easier. The compact design makes this camera a great addition to any travel bag of someone wandering the streets of any great city hoping to capture the spirit of the city as they enjoy their walk.
- Easy to use capability combined with high speed performance ensure that you capture the shot you’re aiming for before it’s over. There’s nothing worse than missing the shot because the camera couldn’t keep up, or worse, human error got in the way. An AF Touch Shutter is built into the rear touchscreen monitor so all you have to do is tap your subject that the moment you want to take a photo and you can ensure the shot is yours.
- The Mark II includes a viewfinder that will give you a quick glimpse of the finished photo. Working with the touchscreen settings you can capture the shot as you see it without any sort of distortion or lighting issues (such as trying to photograph a dark scene).
- Built into the Mark II’s software are creative filters and editors that allow you to add variety and edit shots right from your camera. You can create photo stories with multiple photos or merge two photos together to create stunning star trail photos over a city skyline. No matter what you imagine the Mark II gives you the ability to create it on the go.
- The built-in Wifi allows you to connect your Mark II camera with your phone. This comes in handy if you want to use your phone as a controller to capture longer-exposure shots. The Wifi also allows you to upload photos to social media or cloud storage so that you may edit them in another medium.
- One of the Mark II’s most prominent features is its interchangeable lens feature. By simply changing the lens you can dramatically change a shot. Making lenses easy to change and easy to transport gives you the ability to do this quickly in the field.